Marshall County Fair | July 24-30, 2011 Moundsville, West Virginia
Marshall County Fair Inc. 2013 Rules and Regulations DOWNLOAD A PDF
Exhibit Hall Open Class Entries
- Please see individual class information for entry days, times, and information.
- Premium Checks for Exhibit Hall Entries will be given out to winners on Saturday at 9:00 PM when exhibits are released.
All camper contracts are to be filled out and returned with the $100 fee by July 12, 2013. After this date or when the campgrounds are filled, your reservation will not be accepted.
Note: All campers must purchase a weekly pass or pay daily at the gate.
- Camper hookups after Thursday, July 18, 2013.
- Campers must be unhooked and off the grounds by Monday, July 29, 2013.
- No spotting of campers after dark.
- One parking permit per camper—no exceptions.
- Parking in assigned areas only.
- Electric hookups with a minimum of a #10 extension cord.
- All campers must have working fire extinguishers.
- Camper placement may be adjusted due to the size of the camper by superintendent.
- No one under age 18 may stay in the camper all night without an adult.
- Campground Superintendent and Board President will make the final decision on placement.
- No items are to be left on the camp site when camper is taken out.
Anyone who does not abide by these rules can be asked to leave the grounds and will forfeit all fees paid. Campers must be respectful of others and their property. Violators may be asked to leave and may not be admitted the following year. Campers must observe quiet time. Violations can carry over to the following year.
Livestock Exhibitors Rules
- FFA, 4-H, and Open Class entries must be turned in by July 13, 2013. Entries not submitted on time may have premium checks withheld.
- ALL LIVESTOCK MUST HAVE ALL SHOTS, VACCINATIONS, AND HEALTH PAPERS REQUIRED BY THE STATE OF WV.
- NO ANIMAL WILL UNLOAD UNTIL VET CHECKED—Have your papers in order and ready for the veterinarian as you enter the exhibitor’s gate. Arrival times for animals are as follows: Saturday 5pm-9pm and Sunday 7am-12 noon.
- All animals are due on the grounds by Sunday, July 21, 2013 at noon.
- All non-market animals will be released on Sunday, July 28th at 6 am.
Thank you to our Fair Veterinarian: Alison Bertram
Marshall County Fair General Rules & Regulations
The Marshall County Fair Board of Directors reserves the final and absolute right to interpret these rules and regulations and to arbitrarily settle and determine all matters, questions, or differences in regard thereto, or otherwise arising out of, connected with or incident to the Marshall County Fair. It further reserves the right to determine and to withdraw all premium offerings in all departments should any emergency exist and circumstances demand. In the event of conflict between the general rules and the special rules governing the various departments, the special rules take precedent.
- Every article or animal entered for competition or exhibit shall be under the control of the superintendent of each division. The Association will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by an exhibitor or a concessionaire. The owner of an exhibit or the operator of a concession assumes all responsibility of injury or damage to the general public caused by this exhibit or concession.
- Exhibits (indoor buildings) to be removed at 9:00pm on Saturday evening.
- Entries in all exhibits must be made in the name of the actual owner. Any false statement made or caused to be made with regard to any exhibit or any interference with the judges in performance of their duties will be cause for excluding these exhibits from competition. The superintendent or his assistant of each department will be on hand to direct the placing of exhibits.
- Articles entered as displays or grouped cannot be entered singly. Note: Premiums will be paid only on order of the Board of Directors as recommended by the Superintendent of that particular class.
- No person shall put on any bill, note, or other papers outside of their prescribed exhibit space except by special permission of the Directors.
- Any exhibitor or concessionaire acting in an uncouth or discourteous manner, refusing to comply with the regulations of the management may be expelled fromthe grounds without reimbursement. Exhibits belonging to such exhibitors may be barred from competition. Concessions owned by such persons or who employ such persons may be expelled from the grounds without reimbursement.
- All animals must comply with the sanitary regulations and health requirements of the Department of Agriculture of the State of West Virginia. All animals entered may not leave the grounds and come back.
- 4-H & FFA Exhibits (except animals) are to be in between 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM Saturday, July 20,2013. All livestock are due by 12:00 PM Sunday, July 21, 2013 (during vet inspection hours only). Open class exhibits in the Exhibit Hall are to be in between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM Saturday, July 20, 2013 and 10:00 am and 12:00 pm on Monday. Please see the specific categories for specific days for entry. Judging in the Exhibit Hall will occur on Sunday, July 21, 2013 and Monday, July 22, 2013.
- All animals entered in open class will pay an entry fee per head, per class. No open class entries will be accepted after the entry deadline.
- No articles will be allowed to compete for premiums this year that have taken premiums before. Any article contrary to this order will simply be ruled out.
- All campers on fairgrounds will be charged a rate of $100.00 for the week.
- Fairground entrances will be locked at 12:00 AM each night of the fair.
- NO UNPRESCRIBED DRUGS OR ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE ALLOWED ON THE GROUNDS.
- NO MOTORCYCLES, ATVs OR BICYCLES ARE ALLOWED ON THE GROUNDS.
- Exhibit Halls will be open Monday through Saturday.
- All entries must be accompanied by complete name and address to be eligible for prize money. Forms for these will be available from the Superintendents when placing the exhibits on display. Exhibitors will be responsible for seeing that Superintendents have the information needed before leaving the area.
- It will be the duty of Superintendents to receive all animals or articles from exhibitors in their department and place them in their proper positions, to have the reportproperly signed by the judged and returned to the Treasurer directly after the judging is completed.
- No dogs are permitted on the grounds except those competing in show competition, and none of these shall be housed on the grounds. Any dogs in the campgrounds must be contained.
- No backpacks or coolers. Everyone will be checked at the entrance gate.
- All animals must have all WV designated testing, papers, and current vaccinations. Animals must be vet checked prior to being unloaded.
- No parking in barn areas. Deliveries are to occur before 10:00 AM, and then all vehicles must be moved to designated parking areas.
- NO SMOKING IN ANY BARN. Failure to comply will bring dismissal from the Fair.
- * denotes only a rosette award, no money.
- All golf carts and 4-wheelers must have prior approval and must be registered at the Fair Office with driver’s license and proof of insurance
- No operators of golf carts or 4-wheelers under the age of 18.
- All golf carts and 4-wheelers are for business use only. They are not permitted on the midway. NO JOYRIDING.
- Anyone causing a disturbance on the grounds will be told to leave immediately without reimbursement and will not be readmitted to the fair for the entire week.
- Only one exhibitors fair pass may be awarded to any individual (i.e. An individual who is a fair queen contestant and livestock exhibitor would receive one complimentary pass only).
MARSHALL COUNTY FAIR, INC. WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCIDENTS OR THEFT TO PATRONS, EXHIBITORS, OR PARTICIPANTS
Please be advised that all events/contests are subject to change. For further questions, please contact the fairboard.
Marshall County Fair Idol Contest
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The final contest will be held on Wednesday, July 25,2012 on the Festival Stage at the Fairgrounds. There will be a Youth contest for 14 and under and an Adult contest for ages 15 and over. Ages are as of Wednesday, July 25, 2012. Contestants will be required to pay a $15 entry fee and submit all required paperwork. Only finalists will be admitted to the fairgrounds free of charge, but guests must pay the regular fair admission.
- ENTRY PROCEDURE: You must complete this form and return it to Direct Results with your $15.00 entry fee.
A. Preliminary Contest: The preliminary contest will be held on Sunday, July 15 ,2012 at 2:00 pm in the OES Building on the fairgrounds, 12th Street Moundsville. Anyone unable to attend the live audition may submit a high quality CD/DVD or “you-tube” video in order to be considered for the finals. CD/DVD or video link must be received by July 25th at 2:00 pm in order to be considered. All performers will be given equal consideration.
B. A total of ten finalists will be chosen and will perform at the Fair Idol Finals on July 25th. All finalists must be available to perform on this date at 7pm. The contest committee reserves the sole right to determine the number of finalists for each age group based upon the number of entries in each age division and overall scores of all participants.
- REGISTRATION FEE: A registration fee of $15.00 is required and must be received with your entry form.
- The Marshall County Fair’s decisions are final.
A. No personnel changes or substitutions of performers will be permitted.
B. Contestants may sing a cappella or with pre-recorded music on CD which he/she must provide (queued to selection prior to performance).
C. Contestants may also play an acoustical instrument. No electrical amplification will be provided other than microphones.
D. No live vocal backups are permitted. Because backup vocals are so prevalent on pre-recorded accompaniment music, we are permitting backup vocals on pre-recorded music.
E. No special lighting, props or special effects may be used.
F. The amount of performance time given to each contestant will be five minutes.
G. All performances must be done in good taste. No music, lyrics or costumes that the Marshall County Fair considers to be offensive can be used.
H. Contestants age is determined by the final contest date of July 25, 2012.
- JUDGING For Preliminaries and Finals
A. Performers will be awarded 0-25 points in each of the following categories: (1) Marketability; (2) Vocal talent;
(3) Originality of performance; (4) Stage presence/charisma.
B. In the event of a tie, the judges will employ the following tie-breaking formula: the highest number of points awarded in the Talent category; second tie-breaker is the highest number of points awarded in the Marketability category; the third tie-breaker shall be by secret vote of the judges based on overall performance style and impact.
- CONTEST PRIZES: First Prize is $500 adult division; $100 youth division. Prizes won by minors may be awarded to parent or legal guardian if requested. Additionally, the winning artist will perform prior to the Florida Georgia Line Concert on the same evening and will introduce the band.
- PROMOTIONAL AUTHORIZATION: By submitting an Entry Form, prospective performers grant to the Marshall County Fair the right to utilize his/her name, likeness, image, voice, appearance, and performance in perpetuity worldwide for advertising, trade or any other lawful promotional purposes whatsoever, in any and all media, now
known or thereafter developed, without compensation. Entrant also grants the Marshall County Fair the right to broadcast, market, sell and otherwise distribute his/her name, image, likeness, voice, appearance and/or performance, either in whole or in parts for commercial, noncommercial television, closed-circuit exhibition, home video distribution, internet or any other purpose the Marshall County Fair, in its sole discretion, may determine. Entrant hereby gives all clearance, copyright, or otherwise, for the use of his/her name, likeness, image, voice, appearance and/or performance embodied in his/her performance/stage presentation. If under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must sign the entry form.
- ASSUMPTION OF RISK: By submitting this Entry Form, Entrant assumes all risks of property damage or bodily injury (including death) that might occur during the Marshall County Fair Idol competition or any events of the Marshall County Fair. Entrant agrees not to bring against the Marshall County Fair, Inc, any of their members, volunteers, employees, sponsors or affiliates, any claim for property damage or bodily injury (including death) that might occur during the Marshall County Fair events, or in association with the Marshall County Fair Idol competition.
- GOOD CHARACTER: The Entrant agrees that he/she may be disqualified immediately from any level of the Marshall County Fair Idol competition if he/she commits any act or becomes involved in any situation that would adversely reflect on the Marshall County Fair or tend to bring it or that party into public disrepute.
Home | Tickets | Entertainment | Calendar
Marshall County Fair | Eastern 12th St | Moundsville, WV 26041 | phone: (304) 845-8659
© 2014, The Marshall County Fair, WV All rights reserved.