Marshall County Fair | July 24-30, 2011 Moundsville, West Virginia
Marshall County Fair Inc. 2014 Rules and Regulations DOWNLOAD A PDF
Exhibit Hall Open Class Entries
- Please see individual class information for entry days, times, and information.
- Premium Checks for Exhibit Hall Entries will be given out to winners on Saturday at 9:00 PM when exhibits are released.
All camper contracts are to be filled out and returned with the $195 fee by July 1, 2014. This includes two one-week passes. After this date or when the campgrounds are filled, your reservation will not be accepted. Note: All campers must purchase a weekly pass or pay daily at the gate.
- Camper hookups after Thursday, July 17, 2014
- Campers must be unhooked and off the grounds by Monday, July 28, 2014.
- No spotting of campers after dark.
- One parking permit per camper—no exceptions.
- Parking in assigned areas only.
- Electric hookups with a minimum of a #10 extension cord.
- All campers must have working fire extinguishers.
- Camper placement may be adjusted due to the size of the camper by superintendent.
- No one under age 18 may stay in the camper all night without an adult.
- Campground Superintendent and Board President will make the final decision on placement.
- No items are to be left on the camp site when camper is taken out.
Anyone who does not abide by these rules can be asked to leave the grounds and will forfeit all fees paid. Campers must be respectful of others and their property. Violators may be asked to leave and may not be admitted the following year. Campers must observe quiet time. Violations can carry over to the following year.
Livestock Exhibitors Rules
- FFA, 4-H, and Open Class entries must be turned in by July 12, 2014. Entries not submitted on time may have premium checks withheld.
- ALL LIVESTOCK MUST HAVE ALL SHOTS, VACCINATIONS, AND HEALTH PAPERS REQUIRED BY THE STATE OF WV.
- NO ANIMAL WILL UNLOAD UNTIL VET CHECKED—Have your papers in order and ready for the veterinarian as you enter the exhibitor’s gate. Arrival times for animals are as follows: Saturday 5pm-9pm and Sunday 7am-12 noon.
- All animals are due on the grounds by Sunday, July 20, 2014 at noon.
- All non-market animals will be released on Sunday, July 27th at 6 am.
Marshall County Fair General Rules & Regulations
The Marshall County Fair Board of Directors reserves the final and absolute right to interpret these rules and regulations and to arbitrarily settle and determine all matters, questions, or differences in regard thereto, or otherwise arising out of, connected with or incident to the Marshall County Fair. It further reserves the right to determine and to withdraw all premium offerings in all departments should any emergency exist and circumstances demand. In the event of conflict between the general rules and the special rules governing the various departments, the special rules take precedent.
- Every article or animal entered for competition or exhibit shall be under the control of the superintendent of each division. The Association will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by an exhibitor or a concessionaire. The owner of an exhibit or the operator of a concession assumes all responsibility of injury or damage to the general public caused by this exhibit or concession.
- Exhibits (indoor buildings) to be removed at 9:00pm on Saturday evening.
- Entries in all exhibits must be made in the name of the actual owner. Any false statement made or caused to be made with regard to any exhibit or any interference with the judges in performance of their duties will be cause for excluding these exhibits from competition. The superintendent or his assistant of each department will be on hand to direct the placing of exhibits.
- Articles entered as displays or grouped cannot be entered singly. Note: Premiums will be paid only on order of the Board of Directors as recommended by the Superintendent of that particular class.
- No person shall put on any bill, note, or other papers outside of their prescribed exhibit space except by special permission of the Directors.
- Any exhibitor or concessionaire acting in an uncouth or discourteous manner, refusing to comply with the regulations of the management may be expelled from the grounds without reimbursement. Exhibits belonging to such exhibitors may be barred from competition. Concessions owned by such persons or who employ such persons may be expelled from the grounds without reimbursement.
- All animals must comply with the sanitary regulations and health requirements of the Department of Agriculture of the State of West Virginia. All animals entered may not leave the grounds and come back.
- 4-H & FFA Exhibits (except animals) are to be in between 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM Saturday, July 19, 2014. All livestock are due by 12:00 PM Sunday, July 20, 2014 (during vet inspection hours only). Open class exhibits in the Exhibit Hall are to be in between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM Saturday, July 19, 2014 and 10:00 am and 12:00 pm on Monday, July 21, 2014. Please see the specific categories for specific days for entry. Judging in the Exhibit Hall will occur on Sunday, July 20, 2014 and Monday, July 21, 2014.
- All animals entered in open class will pay an entry fee per head, per class. No open class entries will be accepted after the entry deadline.
- No articles will be allowed to compete for premiums this year that have taken premiums before. Any article contrary to this order will simply be ruled out.
- All campers on fairgrounds will be charged a rate of $195.00 for the week, which includes two one-week passes.
- Fairground entrances will be locked at 12:00 AM each night of the fair.
- NO UNPRESCRIBED DRUGS OR ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE ALLOWED ON THE GROUNDS.
- NO MOTORCYCLES, ATVs OR BICYCLES ARE ALLOWED ON THE GROUNDS.
- Exhibit Halls will be open Monday through Saturday.
- All entries must be accompanied by complete name and address to be eligible for prize money. Forms for these will be available from the Superintendents when placing the exhibits on display. Exhibitors will be responsible for seeing that Superintendents have the information needed before leaving the area.
- It will be the duty of Superintendents to receive all animals or articles from exhibitors in their department and place them in their proper positions, to have the report properly signed by the judged and returned to the Treasurer directly after the judging is completed.
- No dogs are permitted on the grounds except those competing in show competition, and none of these shall be housed on the grounds. Any dogs in the campgrounds must be contained.
- No backpacks or coolers. Everyone will be checked at the entrance gate.
- All animals must have all WV designated testing, papers, and current vaccinations. Animals must be vet checked prior to being unloaded.
- No parking in barn areas. Deliveries are to occur before 10:00 AM, and then all vehicles must be moved to a designated parking area.
- NO SMOKING IN ANY BARN. Failure to comply will bring dismissal from the Fair.
- * denotes only a rosette award, no money.
- All golf carts, side by sides, and 4-wheelers must have prior approval and must be registered at the Fair Office with driver’s license and proof of insurance
- No operators of golf carts, side by sides or 4-wheelers under the age of 18.
- All golf carts and 4-wheelers are for business use only. They are not permitted on the midway. NO JOYRIDING.
- Anyone causing a disturbance on the grounds will be told to leave immediately without reimbursement and will not be readmitted to the fair for the entire week.
- Only one exhibitors fair pass may be awarded to any individual (i.e. An individual who is a fair queen contestant and livestock exhibitor would receive one complimentary pass only).
MARSHALL COUNTY FAIR, INC. WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCIDENTS OR THEFT TO PATRONS, EXHIBITORS, OR PARTICIPANTS
Please be advised that all events/contests are subject to change. For further questions, please contact the fairboard.
Home | Tickets | Entertainment | Calendar
Marshall County Fair | Eastern 12th St | Moundsville, WV 26041 | phone: (304) 845-8659
© 2014, The Marshall County Fair, WV All rights reserved.